The last few weeks, I was trying to save money by not taking my vitamins. I thought they weren't really important. Not a good idea! Exhibit No. 1: my eczema has gone crazy-bonkers-bananas!! I get it on my left hand, on the palm. Well, it's flared up pretty badly, becomes unbearably itchy a couple of times a day. And a few times I've given in to that and scratched it (or rubbed it against something sort of sharp like the edge of a table) until it no longer itched. Because the skin is so thin, it opened up a fairly large crack. Ooops! It's healing now, but yeah, not so good. Also, I was getting a tingling feeling in the palm of my other hand, and noticed some very small flaky patches. Which is NOT good at all - I haven't had eczema on that hand in years, and I don't want it to start up again! So I'm back to taking my Omega 3-6-9s again. For sure, twice a day, no skipping! It costs money, but it's just not worth the aggro to skip them. Learning it the hard way, silly me!
And who knows what skipping the other vitamins has done to me - I don't even want to think about it!
This week as well, I haven't been too good physically. My hip and lower back have been playing up again. Normally if that happens I just do some stretches and it goes away after a day or two, but not this time. My hip's been like this for almost a week now, on and off. It's worse if I sit still (e.g. at work or on the internet at home - the 2 things I spend the most time doing!!), but it gets better if I move, do gentle walking. It's hard to get started though, because it hurts! I have just been trying to keep in mind though, that it'll get better. Boy and I did a whole bunch of walking as part of our shopping spree today. We decided to walk around the whole place, and it took hours! I'm surprised we didn't buy more, actually. ;) The computer game I bought was a Kinect game (of course!) - I might play a bit later on after I've washed my hair tonight.
I've just now found this Body Peace Pledge as I was surfing around, and I thought it was pretty cool. The pledge is posted on the Seventeen Magazine website. Part of me thinks it's rather sad that I'm getting advice from a magazine aimed at teenagers - I'm 35 years old for heck's sake, surely I would have worked all of this out by now??! When I was younger, I just assumed that things would naturally get easier as I got older. But often I feel like I'm taking 1 step forward, 2 steps back, like the old saying goes. I believe that everyone is on their own path, some are further along it than others, everyone has setbacks, everyone is doing the best they know how. And actually, as I think a bit more about the points on the pledge, I'm doing much better than I was just a few years ago. I used to get so hurt when I saw a disgusted look on someone's face when I was walking down the street, and so angry when I saw a pitying look. For a long time, I just refused to look people in the face at all. I would wear my ipod so I couldn't hear any comments, and didn't wear my glasses so all the faces were just a blur, if I did happen to accidentally break my habit and start looking at people.
A few months ago, I started to realise how sad that really is! How awful is that?! I used to love people-watching! I used to love wandering around the city, just looking at all the buildings. I had given that up completely. So I have started to be brave again and I wear my glasses, and I look at people, look them in the face even, sometimes! And if they choose to notice me, think or feel something about me, choose to let that thought or feeling show on their face - that's their business, not mine!
I do still wear my ipod though, cos I love listening to music. ;)