03 August 2011

A Few Things

Been wanting to eat all morning. Can't stop thinking about food. It must be the comfort factor. Haven't been going too well with my Focus this week either. Still have that thought that I can't stop and relax or meditate, I have to always be doing something. Though half the time, that something ends up being watching TV or surfing the internet. Which is kinda relaxing in its own way, but not fulfulling, and definitely not in the spirit of what I'm trying to do. This morning I woke up early and was lying in bed, trying to get back to sleep and hearing strange noises in the lounge and wondering if it was just the cat or if it was robbers coming to steal my laptop or something! For a second I almost contemplated counting that in as relaxing time ... who am I kidding? How desperate must I be??!

My colitis is starting to settle down a bit too, thank goodness, after over a month of being all hinky. Ironically, I started taking a lower dose of my medication, and that's when it started to settle. Sometimes I feel like a human guinea pig - I've had colitis for over 5 years now and still experimenting with different medications and different doses. But other factors also affect it a lot, especially stress. Which is why I decided to try (again) to start a regular relaxation/meditation ... thingy. (Don't really have a problem with the word 'practice', but I somehow feel it's wrong for me personally to use it yet - it should only be used by people who are better at it than I am. Is that a bit wierd?)

Anyway, I have a long history of giving up on things, even when I know they're doing me good, and even when I enjoy them. Like Yoga Wednesday. Or painting symbols that express my feelings. Or my Bed-to-Couch jogging programme. Well, that last one was because I got sick, but I still continued walking. I keep telling myself, "you gotta step it up, you gotta do more, if you want to lose weight". "You gotta start exercising harder, stop eating dessert, etc etc" I feel like I'm in cruise-control mode at the moment. I'm doing the things that are easy. I don't have the energy and/or motivation to do the things that're hard lately. I'm wanting to feel that sense of satisfaction I get from refusing to eat something unhealthy. The need for comfort is winning out more. I hope things will change soon.

This post was transferred from calorieking.com.au