19 July 2011

Blech!

Well, blech! I've been feeling all blecchy lately. I feel tired, weak and stiff. And I'm sick of it! No wonder, really. I only did proper exercise 1 day last week. Did do quite a few mail runs (the ones that involve a 20min walk - I've timed it - they sort of half-count). But no proper exercise. I'm sick of feeling this way! And finally weighed myself this morning after getting new batteries for the scales - and I've put on 1.5kgs. Blergh. I guess it could have been worse though, but still - I'd rather see the scales going down than up. I'm never going to lose a satisfactory amount of weight by November!! And why is it always so cold and dark? I don't feel like exercising cos, by the time I get home, it's dark. And cold. Blergh! When will winter end??!

Sorry about all the whingeing ... Now what can I do about it??

I haven't been eating my boiled egg every morning recently, and I've really been noticing the difference. Boy says he has, too. I have less energy, and when I get to work, I'm absolutely starving. So I'm going to make sure I have my egg every morning.

This week I made my Focus: "To exercise every day to the best of my ability." Maybe it sounds a bit wussy when I put it that way, but was feeling really tired yesterday when I decided on it, and I think I just wanted to give myself a bit of a break, and not beat myself up too much if I don't do some crazy, pumped-up workout every single day. I know that I'm probably feeling so tired because I haven't done any exercise lately, it's like a vicious circle, but it can be fixed!

Another funny thing is - last night I made my own butter. No idea what got into me! Butter, so unhealthy. But more healthy than margarine, some say. It was interesting anyway. So we're using a little in our mashed potato, and the buttermilk we're saving to make maybe pancakes or scones. I eat less bread than I used to, so using less margarine anyway. Or is that just an excuse?

Seeing as I've put on weight, I can't keep on thinking like this.

Later That Day ...

Really gotta lose weight. That's what I keep thinking to myself. I've been lucky so far. But if I get a job where I have to wear more formal clothes to work, then I'll be very unhappy. I look terrible in a shirt. The buttons down the front make my tummy look bigger. If I get one that's loose, I look like a solid block, and if I get one that's fitted, I don't fill it out up top, and I look like a solid block with puffs of fabric on it. So that's why I keep thinking, the only solution to this is to lose weight. The more it seems like I might have to get a different job, the more stressed out I'm getting about this particular point. Gotta lose weight, that's the only way to solve this problem. I don't really hate my body, I just hate the way it looks. Hm, does that make sense? I'm a bit worried that it doesn't.

Off for a walk now!

This post was transferred from calorieking.com.au