Sleep works... who knew?
All this week I've been dead on my feet, like a zombie. I was like that last week too, but this week was even worse. I figure it's fair enough that I'm tired after work, with my colleague being gone and the extra work, etc. But I've been tired the second I wake up in the morning, nearly falling asleep at my desk from the minute I walk in the door, and not even knowing how I managed to make it home at night. My cunning plan of going for walks at lunchtime has been failing because I'm already too tired by lunchtime to even think about walking out the door. All through the day, all I can think about is having a nap when I get home. Yet strangely, when I do arrive at home, I'm tired but kind of wired and not feeling like I want to lie down at all. Too tired to do anything like read or do craft or anything that requires thinking, but not sleepy so that I want to have a nap or go to bed early. Then I stay up pretty late because I just don't feel sleepy, and I usually have to take a sleeping tablet at bedtime (well, usually half-an-hour to an hour after bedtime, to be more truthful!). By yesterday I was just getting to breaking point. I was running on empty. So Husband and I didn't have anything to do last night, so we decided to take sleeping tablets early and go to bed insanely early. I'm talking, 9.00. And it was great! Sleep, nothing beats it.
So I'm feeling a lot better today. Not 100%, more like 60%, but that's a huge improvement on the 5-10% that I was feeling before! Two or 3 more nights of long, luscious sleep, and I'm sure I'll feel much more up to participating in life again. I've made a decision that I'm going to give myself 3 days. I'm not going to worry about anything else that I wanted to get done in my life - not housework, not exercising, not craft deadlines, not anything! I'm going to spend 3 days making sleep my no. 1 priority and getting myself up to speed again.
In Related News ...
I mentioned before that I've been too tired to exercise. And boy, am I feeling it! I also had a 3-and-a-half hour round trip to visit family on the weekend, and now my back is pretty sore. I almost have to laugh, because every time I bend over to pick something up at work, my body goes "ooh, that feels good, do it again! keep doing it!" Body know what it wants.
I'm not as worried about my sore back as I might have been though. I'm going to the chiropractor on the weekend. And since yesterday when I decided to make sleep my no. 1 priority for the next 3 days, I've been feeling calmer and more sure of myself. Less beating myself up. Especially today, and hopefully even more tomorrow. And even more the day after that, ahahahah! I can't sleep in too much on Saturday because of my chiro appointment unfortunately, but on Sunday I'm gonna sleep and sleep, yeah baby!!