30 July 2012

Monday Again??!

It's Monday and I'm posting in my blog again. I'm so predictable!

I had a pretty good weekend. I ate, I drank, I stayed up late, I sat around on the couch watching the Olympics opening ceremony. On the healthy side, I went to the chiropractor and ... well, that's about it, really! =)

The best part about it was - I didn't beat myself up about it at all. It feels so freeing. Beating myself up about things I haven't done hasn't worked. I think it rarely does, for anyone! The other approach, of just relaxing and going with the flow, is much less stressful. I just wonder though ... when will things actually start to change? There's a danger in becoming too complacent. I'm worried that I'll just slide along through life, then suddenly I'll wake up one day at 60 and realise my health is ruined and there's no going back. That's terrifying.

How many times have I tried to change and it didn't stick? Why is that? I don't really have time to go into that right now, seeing as I'm on my lunchbreak at work. It needs some quiet time alone, and probably lots of it, at that. In the meantime, last night I decided that I'd do one good thing for myself every day, no matter how small it is. That can't be too hard, could it? They could include:
* drinking a cup of green tea
* going for a walk
* drinking a milo instead of eating chocolate (which was a habit that I thought was fixed - until I ran out of milo at work!)
* meditating
* eating a piece of fruit
* drinking a bottle of water
* eating an egg or small snack before I leave for work
Obviously, I should probably be doing all of these things every day, but I just want to start with one small step, and keep it going every day so that at least I'm starting to focus on it. Ease myself into it with baby steps instead of going cold turkey. Except I think it's only called 'going cold turkey' when you stop doing something suddenly, not when you start! But you know what I mean. Anyway, now I'm rambling.
The End.