
I did go to Target last weekend I was pleasantly surprised by the range of workwear. I bought 2 nice tops and ... gasp ... a skirt! During the week I debuted the tops (one of them twice! Washed in between, of course!). One of them has a little gaping problem around the neckline, but it's nothing a couple of darts on the shoulders shouldn't fix. (I often have to alter my clothes due to my
I don't normally wear skirts, as I've mentioned before, but I bought just one in case the weather gets stonkingly hot again like it did a couple of weeks ago. If the thought of wearing pants is unbearable, then at least I have another option. I just don't have many tops anymore that go with skirts. Hopefully I can rustle something up that doesn't look too silly. And there's only one way I can style my hair. And half my jewellery and accessories are out ... This corporate dressing thing is getting really tedious already. *sighs*
The other sad fact is - and I hate to have to admit it - I should probably get rid of half my casual clothes. Almost all of the clothes I used to wear to work no longer cut the mustard. So that now means I have a RID.IC.ulously large collection of clothes that I can only wear on the weekend.
2 days a week.
that's 28.6% of the time...
7.1% of the time taking into account that I don't wear my clothes to bed.
OK, perhaps I'm getting a little melodramatic now. But I'm still kinda depressed over it. How I look has always been important to me. How people present themselves tells a huge amount about them. I want to express myself: my quirky, individual, creative, slightly nutty self. In the last 5 years or so, this ideal has slipped away more and more. It's a combination of factors - my weight, lack of range of clothes in my size, working full-time and having to be in an office environment, and at times, not even knowing what my personal style is.
I don't know what the solution to this quandary is. I have so much going on in my life at the moment, what to wear should really be the last thing on my mind. But I can't help thinking about it a lot lately. I keep going back to that old thought of, if only I lost weight, things would be so much better. I just don't know what to do.