31 January 2012

A New Chapter, Chapter 2

Just a quick update on me, right now. My new job is going very well so far. I'm busy, busy, busy, learning new things, getting to know my colleagues better, etc. Overall, it's a positive experience so far, and I'm feeling really good about everything.
Food-wise, right from the start I've been able to have the healthy diet that I did before at work. The only difference is that I've been too busy to have afternoon tea at work, and been really hungry when I get home. They don't have free milo like they did at my old work, so if I start to get cravings and want to have a mug of milo, I'll have to make sure I have some of my own on hand. I haven't had this issue so far, though.
I can't update my food/exercise diary at work now, like I was able to before. I would also record any colitis symptoms as they came up, etc. (I also have spreadsheets for my budget, etc that I'd update at work too.) So I'll need to make some changes around how to record everything so I don't forget. At the moment I have a notebook that I have on my desk that I note things down really quickly in. Then when I get home at night I update my spreadsheet. I'll just have to see if that's workable in the long term or if it'll get too annoying.
Exercise-wise, I have to admit it's been a no-go so far. I've been too tired and too focussed on getting my work routine down. I'm aware of that though, so I made sure to exercise last weekend when I had the time/energy. I'm hoping that in the next few weeks as I get more used to the job, I'll be less tired. Then I can start adding in exercise again during the week.