Yesterday I was reading back through some of my old posts and re-discovered the BLAP (Body Love Action Plan). I laughed, but I also remembered how it was helping me. But most of these things seem to slip away before they become a habit. I want that to change. I want change!
Whoa, what's come over me?
Perhaps it's just that time of year. I haven't consciously thought about the changeover from 2011 to 2012, but I usually make some kind of commitment to change. Perhaps deep down inside somewhere, my unconscious has realised what time of year it is, and is getting into the usual mindset. Or perhaps it's the travel. Whenever I come back from travelling, I always seem to have developed a different perspective on things. I'm surprised, but I do seem to. I was only away for 10 days, and I 'only' went to a country with very similar culture and same language. But it seems that was enough to get me away from my own life - from the everyday - and to jolt me into thinking differently about things. Seeing what other places are like, how other people live ... it just makes me think.
Anyway, enough airy-fairy stuff.
On The Other Hand ...
What a week! Only a few days til Christmas and I've bought hardly any presents, so much to do! I'm even more exhausted than normal, just the thought of exercise makes me want to cry. Even if I had any time for it. And I'm so focussed on all the things I have to do and worried that I might forget something (even though I write to-do lists) that I haven't thought about what I'm eating very much.
Enough whingeing, more doing stuff! A quick look at my food and exercise diary for last week was enough to send me into a tailspin. I scored an average of 50%. Terrible! So how can I improve this week? What's under my control that I can change?
1. be more mindful of what I'm eating, especially at night.
2. keep drinking plenty of water.
3. don't stress out!
That's about as much as I can handle at the moment without freaking out. So we'll see how I go!