29 November 2011

Time Flies By

Welcome to Day 333 of 2011....
Day 2 of Week 49....
I just happened to find those statistics when I was fiddling with my work calendar before and thought they were mildly interesting. Time seems to go by so fast; it just flies by. One minute it's the middle of winter, the next, it's nearly Christmas. When I was a kid, I didn't think much about the future. I had my head stuck in fantasy novels and hardly ever thought about the real world. I would never have imagined that I'd own a device small enough to hold in my hand, which can tell my anything I need to know**. Not to mention playing music, videos and games, as well as taking photos and editing them on the spot. And so many other things, the mind boggles! Yes, I have a new ipod touch, and I'm in love.
(**That is, presuming I'm standing in the right spot for picking up wi-fi!)

In Other News ...

Sorry to say, but I've taken down sick again. Just as the weather is warming up, too. I've always thought that having a cold in warm weather is worse. The activities you'd normally do to cheer yourself up - like snuggling up in a blanket or eating chicken soup - just make you feel all sticky and vaguely annoyed. It's not a very bad cold, thankfully. But that's not always a good thing. It's bad enough that I feel I should probably take it easy, but not so bad that I have no energy whatsoever. So there's that little voice in the back of my head that says I should keep on exercising as I was before and makes me feel guilty. That's what sucks about being sick. But at least hopefully I'll better by the end of this week (when I go on my holiday!).

Beauty Blather ...

My first order of Asian beauty products arrived in the mail yesterday, including my first BB Cream! I don't know why I have this pathetic obsession with them at the moment; I'm sure it'll pass at some point like my obsessions always do, and I'll be really embarrassed when I read back on this.
I have a love-hate relationship with clothes; I have a fairly large wardrobe, but it doesn't make me happy. Shopping for clothes usually leaves me disappointed, so I don't do it often anymore. Sure, Asos got me excited for a while, but my purchases were really hit and miss, so the excitement's died down a bit now.
Shoes never got me going at all. I have fairly oddly shaped feet, so there are few styles that I can wear. I find shopping for shoes an annoying and draining experience.
For a long time I had an obsession with accessories and jewellery. In the last few years I've been more careful about my purchases, but I still bought pieces fairly regularly. And I churned out scarves and headwarmers and such things with wild abandon! But recently, whenever I look at what I have, I think to myself, that's enough. I don't need more.
But with beauty/skin/haircare products, you don't get any of those problems! That's the beauty of them. (So to speak. ) They're consumables, so you use them up, and then you get to buy a new one, or try a different one. They have nice smells, or colours, or both. I could go on, but that would be just too boring, wouldn't it?