27 August 2012

Monday again!

Monday and I'm blogging again! I think I've realised what it is with Mondays - they're like a new beginning. I always make new plans and think about how I'm going to change things on Mondays - and even sometimes in bed on Sunday nights! Whether I wake up with energy, or wake up already tired, I'm still in the mood to think about positive changes. Monday mornings are like a little mini New Year for me. This is much better than it was up until recently - Mondays were a day of beating myself up and regretting not doing all the things on the weekend that I wanted to do and/or should have done. Not only were they the traditionally subdued day, being the start of the working week, but they were a day when I made myself feel miserable and berated myself for my lack of motivation. As I think I mentioned a little while back, I'm doing a lot less beating up of myself now - it wasn't a conscious decision, I just slowly started to realise I wasn't doing it anymore. And I guess this new attitude towards Mondays is a reflection of that. I often get in the mood to make lists of my intentions, like: I'm going to: drink a bottle of water every day; drink a cup of green tea every day; go for a walk every day; draw every day; craft every day, wear a quirky accessory every day, etc etc! So much to do!Even (as I did last night in bed) making declarations to myself like: "I'm going to lose __ kgs by this time next year! Yeah, it'll be great, I'll look better and feel better about myself and as a reward I can wear a really cool costume to next year's Convention!" Sheesh, the things you think about when you're lying in bed with insomnia! In the warm light of day, I think it would work much better for me if I focused on becoming healthier and achieving fitness goals, rather than losing x no. of kilos. I feel good about the start I've made with that - my Baby Elephant Walk project. Husband and I went for a walk on the weekend as well. At first I felt really stiff and achey (well, I'd been sitting still in front of the computer all day!), not to mention embarrassed, hoping no-one saw me, but after a little while, I started to loosen up, and by the end of it, I felt really good. It was only 20 minutes, but it was better than what I've been doing for the last however-many weekends, which is nothing!

Speaking of doing better things, for about the last week, I've been really feeling like I want to continue developing my spirituality. And, in a linked way, doing things that make me feel more calm and peaceful. For example, I had an urge to write some haiku last week. I dunno, I was feeling really attuned to the change in seasons, and I wanted to express it somehow. Then I had an urge to write a short essay about that form of poetry (cause I'm such a dork-ademic, hehehe), which I posted on my Craft Blog. I had to write it during my lunch breaks, as by the time I get home from work, I'm too physically and mentally tired to concentrate on anything like that. On the weekend I don't feel so bad, but my brain is in a different space: my time is taken up with socialising, and surfing the beauty blogs and inspirational tumblrs (and exercising last weekend, for the win!). But when I step away from all that and remember the core things, that's when I feel the best.

I don't really like to talk about my spirituality. It's very private for me. It's a bizarre mixture of Western, Eastern and elements that most people wouldn't even consider to be related to spirituality. I was about to write that it's irrelevant to this blog anyway, which is supposed to be about my health and fitness. But I don't think that's 100% true. I try to take a holistic approach where I can. That's why I've decided to try acupuncture.

Meanwhile...

Meanwhile, on a slightly more earthy and only vaguely related note, my dandruff problem seems to be clearing up. If you've never had dandruff, then you won't understand how embarrassing it can be and how much of a blow to a person's confidence it is. When it started to appear, I got a bottle of trusty Head & Shoulders Dry Scalp, which always worked for me in the past. But after using up 3/4 of the bottle, I finally had to admit it was making the problem worse. My hair was even feeling greasy, which is a problem I don't normally have. So I switched to Selsun Blue. I only used it for the first time yesterday, but I can see an improvement already. Things are looking up!