
Obviously felt like taking action earlier in the week, because I went through those solutions that I brainstormed and condensed them down into 4 weekly actions/tasks/Recommendations, call them what you will. I wrote them up at work and then left them there, so I'm recreating them from memory here. They were:
1. walk at lunchtime (twice a week at first, then more as I build up energy)
2. exercise on the weekend (actually do it, not just tell myself I will and then bum around on the computer!)
3. organise healthy snacks to eat at work and when I get home
4. meditate regularly: guided meditation once a week, and self-done daily.
OK, so I haven't really made much of a plan as how I'm going to implement these recommendations; that's much harder! It's so easy to tell yourself to do something, much harder to fit it in and remember to do it every day with the bustle of real life getting in the way. I mean, geez, I don't even have time to do things I enjoy doing, let alone things I should be doing!
*sighs*
OK, that was my whinge-of-the-day.
Now what can I do?? Just do it? Set reminders for myself? Be more organised?
Been there, done that! (Or haven't done that, is what I really mean.)
So what is the difference? Between saying I'll do something, and then ruminating, procrastinating and agonising ; and just going ahead and doing it happily, as a natural part of life?
Motivation? That's fleeting. It disappears as quickly and mysteriously as it appeared. The first time you've had a flat-out day at work, you're stressed, you've got pizza shapes in the cupboard ... it's all over red-rover!
What's needed is a change of mind - to know that you're really worth it (to borrow a cheesy catchphrase!). To know that you deserve to be healthy and feel good. To have that solid centre that no stress or setback can affect.
Where can I get one of those??!
More thinking is in order, obviously.