Normally I think of Tuesday as being the worst day of the week. The excitement of the weekend is well behind you, but the next weekend is still SO far away.
However, this particular Tuesday is much improved by that fact that it's my birthday! I don't like a lot of fuss, in fact no-one at work knows it's my birthday today. At my old work, they kept a spreadsheet, and on each person's birthday we would all go out for morning tea together (though we had to pay ourselves). I guess the culture is different in every workplace, no?
Anyway, I've just gotten back from my lunchtime walk. It's perfect autumn weather, so I tried to enjoy it. I really do enjoy the walking itself, and getting some fresh air and getting to listen to my music. But I don't enjoy having to dodge crowds of people on the street, being all sweaty afterwards, or feeling very self-conscious. I tried as hard as I could to push all that aside today, though. It's my birthday, I refuse to get down on myself! I'm sweaty, but at least I've done the good thing for myself and I can relax the rest of the day!
Tonight Husband is making me a special dinner. I can't wait for that!