This weekend I'm preparing to start my new job on Monday. Things aren't going as well as I'd hoped. I injured myself this morning - by running into a wall! I know, that sounds like the typical domestic abuse excuse, but it's true! I was walking along with my (open) laptop and the corner of it banged against the wall. The laptop is fine, but the other corner of it banged into my side, and made me twist abruptly. So now my lower back/hip area is sore and stiff. And I only just saw my chiropractor a few days ago; my next appointment isn't for another 3 1/2 weeks. Murphy's Law!
So I'm just taking it easy and applying Goanna Rub at regular intervals. I've had this kind of injury before and usually it's cleared up in a few days if I do the right thing - keep moving so it doesn't lock up from sitting still for too long, and don't sit/lie in a position which is going to aggravate it. Oh, I hope it's better by Monday!
Complicating matters is that my hormones are all over the place at the moment. One minute I feel happy and optimistic. Literally 5 minutes later, I'm feeling miserable, dreading Monday, can't stop focussing on the pain and feeling like crying.
I keep getting an urge to get online and buy things, to a) congratulate myself for landing a permanent job, or b) console myself for not getting to hang out with my fun work friends anymore. So perhaps I shouldn't make this post too much longer! Boy and I have decided that we're going to save as much money as we can and buy a place of our own ASAP. Hopefully in about a year, if all goes well.
But before I go, to cheer myself up - in my last post I mentioned that I'd post some pics of what I'd wear to work if size/availability/fit/practicality/societal prejudice were not an issue. Note: I would still replace the heels with flats in any of these!

Source: polyvore.com via ApartmentCat on Pinterest.
I love polka dots!
And mixing neutrals with pops of
bright colour in the accessories.

Source: southernbelleblog2.tumblr.com via ApartmentCat on Pinterest.
Hair-wise I'd go with a low, smooth bun,
but I love the bright skirt toned down with light neutrals.
I'd probably not use the sexy/daft facial expression, either.
Just sayin'.

Source: modcloth.com via ApartmentCat on Pinterest.
This checked dress just makes my heart sing!
I'd pair it with a yellow bag in summer,
and navy blue or purple tights in winter.

Source: stylehive.com via ApartmentCat on Pinterest.
I love this sweet, feminine blouse!
The colour makes me smile. Though I might be
pushing it with the little pom poms!

Source: kendieveryday.blogspot.com via ApartmentCat on Pinterest.
Again, neutral greys with a fun splash of colour.
Neat and stylish.