07 January 2012

Start as you mean to .... Something ....

So, one week into 2012, and where are we? Sitting at the computer writing this post!

I just took my blood pressure and it's a little higher than last week. Things are coming along slowly. I had a big surprise earlier in the week. A big change may be coming happening to me very soon. I don't want to say what it is, in case it doesn't happen. It is, however, causing me a lot of pondering and a bit of stress. If this change happens, it will involve many good things. But I'll also lose some things which are very important to me. So I'm in two minds about it, and I can't help wondering if I really welcome it or not.
Anyway, if it happens, I'll tell everyone immediately! If it doesn't happen, then forget you ever read the above paragraph!

In Related News ....

My mind is elsewhere at the moment. I've been thinking so much about what I want from the whole of 2012, I've been a little neglectful of what I'm doing day-by-day. Add to that the uncertainties I'm having at the moment, and I'm all over the shop. My food and health tracker shows all sorts of crazy stuff.
I felt a bit sick yesterday morning, so I had a cup of green tea about mid-morning. This sparked off an unexpected and intense craving for Japanese food! So Boy and I went to the Japanese supermarket after work (they're open til 8pm on Fridays, bless 'em!). We had shabu shabu for dinner. I love it! The thinly sliced lean meat, vegetable, soup and just a little rice or noodles is healthy, fun to cook and so yummy! Here's a picture, not of our meal, but one I borrowed from the intertubes to illustrate:



(Though the water has flavourings in it normally, so it looks more soupy.)


Now I'm off to finish dyeing my hair and choose an outfit for the birthday party I'm going to tonight!
xx