13 January 2012

Friday Things

What a week I've been having! I have to tell you!

This blog is supposed to be on the theme of health and fitness, food and exercise, losing weight and feeling better. Obviously though, things that happen in life will affect all of those things. And the thing that happened to me this week was....



Boy and I got married on Tuesday!
It was very very small. We didn't want any fuss. It was really just a confirmation of what our lives have been together for the last few years anyway. Even though there wasn't a lot to organise, I still managed to stress quite a bit over it! However, (nearly) everything went smoothly on the day itself - there were a couple of wrinkles, but we ironed them out pretty easily.

Now I have another secret!
But I can't spill the beans until it's confirmed.

Now to the actual theme. How am I going? The answer is: okay, sort of!
I've been too busy and tired to exercise much this week. Yesterday at work I spent most of the day shifting files in the storage area and I was all done afterwards! There was no need to do formal exercise after that.
Food-wise things have been OK, but really only by accident. I have a craving for asparagus right now, mmmmm.
Stress-wise, I tried another guided meditation yesterday when I got home from work. I don't remember the end of it or anything until Boy arrived home, so that must mean I fell asleep, therefore it must have been good! It was a free sample app that I downloaded. There are many other (paid) ones with a meditation/hypnosis on various themes. I wasn't sure which one to pick, as I need help in a few areas! So I just got the free sample one to try it out. As with all self-hypnosis recordings, they recommend you listen to it once a day for at least 3 weeks. I'm not sure if I'll have time for that, and if I do, I'd rather choose one of the more specific ones to concentrate on. So I'm not quite sure where to go from here. Hmmmm!