15 November 2011

Tuesday Things

Don't know what's brought it on, but I have renewed motivation this week. Strange really, considering how busy I am. Busy every night after work with appointments and other jobs. Was pretty stressed out about it on Sunday night, but now I've embarked on it, I feel like things are going smoothly. Writing out lists of things to do so I don't forget anything, helps quite a bit.

Yesterday my food & exercise went fabulously well, even despite being on late shift and having the slightly-sorry-for-myself feeling I usually get, and having a few stressful things happen. I had a cup of tea and mango fruche for dessert, so I even got a tick on that one. If I can do that well every day, I'll definitely be on the way!

This morning I made up my usual porridge for breakfast (except with dried fruit instead of fresh with it) and I was full before even eating half! So I've saved the rest for tomorrow. I also tried using water instead of milk, and it still tasted pretty good, so I'll do that from now on. Even though I use skinny milk, it's probably still better to switch when I can.


Have to admit I have mixed feelings about the next few months coming up. I'm happy and excited because the weather's getting warmer and (if it can hold off being muggy and raining, or too hot) it's always great conditions to exercise in. Go for walks, go to the park, perhaps even go bushwalking one weekend. More light, more energy. But on the other hand, Christmas and New Year are coming up. aka Eating Season! I'm nervous and worried that I'll overdo it, lose focus and end up slipping backwards instead of going forwards. Already last weekend I went to 2 BBQs, a drinks and a lunch. (It makes me sound like a social butterfly, but really I'm not!!) With most of these events, there's not much option for eating healthy. Or, should I say, the unhealthy foods are so much more tempting than the salads!

But! I think I did very well this last weekend. I didn't eat too much. I tried to make sure my salad to meat/bread proportion was at least half-half. I didn't drink too much either. I'm proud of myself! Perhaps that's where my new-found motivation is coming from!

And because Tuesday is universally acknowledged to be the most boring day of the week, here's a nice picture to brighten things up:



Source: the-curvy-princess.tumblr.com via ApartmentCat on Pinterest.


Yum, I haven't had bananas for so long. They're still too expensive. A girl can dream!