14 October 2011

Early Morning Hand-Wringing

Planning on clearing out my wardrobe this weekend. Once every 6 months, I swap my summer/winter clothes over and (theoretically) get rid of any I don't want anymore. Today is casual day at work. Decided to wear a top today that I hadn't worn in about a year, to see if I still liked it. Mistake! I put it on and it was too tight across the stomach. A year ago it fitted just fine. This resulted in a session of whingeing, pouting and negative comments, which is a bit much for so early in the morning! I ripped it off and tried another one on. This one fit, but it was too short and my tummy showed. Plus it has a history of being itchy. It's a very pretty top, with nice details, but it might have to go. In the end I chose one that was long and loose and fairly unobtrusive. And made a renewed commitment to start eating healthier and exercising more.

In Related News ...

The clothes I ordered arrived last night! It's always taking a chance when you order clothes online. Two of them are too small around the armholes. I'll be able to fix that on one of them easily, but not sure about the other. The third fits fine but it's a bit see-through. Then again, in the pictures it was styled with another top underneath, so perhaps it was meant to be a layering piece. Overall I'm pretty excited that I ordered clothes from a straight-sized webshop and they fit! (They fit around my middle anyway, which is the important part. Not fitting around the arms is a different issue, in my books, and can be fixed much more easily.) True, there were only a small range of clothes that would have fitted (ones labelled 'oversized' mainly), but I'm seeing this more as a test case for the webshop than anything else. They have some lovely accessories and Japanese beauty products too. I'm totally obsessed with beauty products at the moment. But that's another story!