04 September 2011

Sunday Things

Yesterday I decided to have a Computer-Free Day. I spent time tidying the house, doing other housework, and later on, doing some art and craft. I worked on a 'What I Wore' drawing which I'd started a while back. That's always a Good Sign, because I normally only work on those when I'm feeling good about myself.

So, how is the Body Love Action Plan going?
(I work for the Government, so naturally I make everything into acronyms - the BLAP. ahahaha!)

I've made a list of things I can do between now and November to increase my self-esteem. One thing I decided was - whenever I have a negative thought about myself, to instantly try to turn it into something positive. I chose something that makes me happy whenever I think about it. Instantly, the image of a rainbow came into my mind. So that's the image I'm going with! I started it on Friday and it was quite interesting. I tells ya, I was thinking about rainbows most of the day yesterday! Especially when I went out to do some shopping. ...

'I couldn't wear that, I'd look like ... RAINBOW!'
'I wish I looked more like ... RAINBOW!'
'Wow, her ___ is so much better than mine ... RAINBOW!'
'I wish I hadn't ... RAINBOW!'
'I should have ... RAINBOW!'
'I'll never ... RAINBOW!'

For a while there, I felt like an obsessive Rainbow enthusiast or something! But you know what - it worked! Every time I thought about a rainbow, it made me smile. I stopped thinking about the negative things, and I felt happier. Over the course of the day, the negative thoughts lessened. The anxiety faded into the background. I made jokes with Boy, I laughed more, I felt good. I painted. It's a Good Sign when I notice that my natural facial expression is a little smile.