02 September 2011

Thursday Night Dinner

Dinner last night was inspired by this picture:


Source: farmhousetable.wordpress.com via ApartmentCat on Pinterest.


I got some zucchinis, cut them up lengthways, sprayed them with olive oil, sprinkled with herbs, and roasted them for about 45mins. Got some rissoles and Turkish loaf on sale, so I made burgers to go with them. Instead of grilling the rissoles, I put them in the oven. It was easier, but I wouldn't do it again as they were swimming in juice by the end of it and didn't have that yummy grilled taste. Actually, putting them on a rack over a tray might work.
The zucchini could have done with a little bit longer - they came out kind of juicy and 'green' tasting. I have lots of leftovers, so I might chop them up and use them in a stir-fry or pasta sauce tonight, depending on what's on sale at the supermarket.

Dessert was strawberries with Lindt 70% dark chocolate drizzled over them. Mmm!