30 May 2011

Statistics Time

I'm a statistics nerd, so I thought I'd do a bit of a statistical overview of my tracker last week. So:

* I ate my pre-breakfast boiled egg 5 days out of 7.
* I ate healthy breakfast 5 days out of 7.
* I ate healthy morning tea 6 days out of 7. (2 days I didn't have any at all; I count that as healthy. And if it weren't for the Greatest Morning Tea on Weds, I would have gotten 100%!)
* I ate healthy lunch 4 days out of 7.
* I ate healthy afternoon tea 3 days out of 7. (And even one of those was doubtful.)
* I ate healthy dinner 5 days out of 7.
* I ate healthy dessert 0 days out of 7. (oops; my biggest downfall!)
* I exercised 4 days out of 7. (all 4 days were walking - so much for my plan to do more diverse activities this week!)
* I did a relaxing/creative/pampering activity 6 days out of 7. (computer games don't count! )
* My average score over the whole week was 65%.

That's pretty much confirmed what I suspected. I do great at work, but as soon as I get home, I turn into a mindless, food-devouring monster! Monday's my best day, and as the week goes on, I keep on sliding until I'm a messy puddle on the weekend. I don't eat as much on the weekend (I usually skip morning tea and sometimes breakfast and afternoon tea as well) but most of what I do eat is unhealthy. And my greatest weakness is dessert! I have a strong emotional thing going on. All day I think to myself, "right, tonight I'm just going to have a cup of tea ... a cup of tea ... just a cup of tea ... " Then, about half an hour after dinner, the thought of not getting anything sweet to eat is so pathetic that I just wanna cry! I'm such a sad-sack!! So I have to think of a way to break this cycle.

In Other News ...

I've also been sick quite a lot in the last week. I've really tried to eat more fruit lately, but seeing as I have fructose malabsorption, I really have to be careful what fruits I eat and check products for high-fructose corn syrup. Since I found out I had this, nearly a year ago now, I haven't worried about it too much. But now that I'm eating more fruit, I'm noticing I'm getting sick more. So I think it's time to look at my plan, here!

As for the other thing I wanted to improve on last week - drinking more water - I did manage to drink 5 or 6 glasses each day during the week. Again, though, on the weekend... meh!

So this week I'd like to: continue to drink at least 6 glasses of water, EVERY day; make a list of fructose-safe fruits and stick to only eating them; and exercise (no matter what type) at least 5 days.

((Um, I didn't really intend to have weekly goals, but there you go. ))

This post was transferred from calorieking.com.au