She also talked about the very issue I've been confused about lately - accepting yourself the way you are, yet wanting to lose weight at the same time. When you're happy and content with yourself, only then will you do the things you need to do, to achieve your goals. If you're using food for comfort, replacing that with something else will be so much more effortless if you're already content.
Anyway, she says it so much better than me! I've been listening to the podcast on and off for the last couple of years. I've never looked at her website before, but apparently she has a course of downloadable workbooks for addressing the psychological barriers to weight loss. A part of me has always wanted to give it a go, but another part of me has held back. The part of me that's scared of change, that wants comfort, wants things the way they are, even if I'm not really happy. Lately though, that first part of me's been coming to the front more and more. The part that's bally-well fed up with everything and wants change! The part that wants to try Colour Blocking and new hairdos, and buys dresses on the internet even though they might not fit. The part that really believes I can do the Couch to 5km one day if I really persist. The part that wants to be skilled and competent and be able to fulfill expectations and have everything I really want and need. And deserve! That's why I subscribed to the job alerts email, I suppose, even though everything about applying for jobs terrifies me.
Anyway, the crux of it is - I want to give it a go. Starting now! Well, starting at lunchtime, anyway.