12 September 2011

Measurements Monday

Weighed myself and took my measurements this morning. The last few days I'd been feeling thinner. B even noted that I looked thinner when I mentioned it to her. So I thought, heck, it's been about a month since I last did it, I'll just see what they are.
My weight is exactly the same as it was 3 weeks ago. To the decimal point. How can it be exactly the same? It seems like a bizarre coincidence. I'm a little freaked out by that. Not by the fact that it hasn't gone down so much, but by the fact that the number is exactly the same. (I have to admit, I was a little discouraged.) So I took my measurements as well to see what was going on there. The last time I measured myself was about 2 months ago, so I'm comparing to that. Well, that was a nice surprise! All my measurements are down: chest -1.5cm, waist & hips -1cm each, and thigh -0.25cm. I thought I'd been feeling thinner!

Meanwhile ...

My Weekly Focus last week was to make up an exercise schedule and try it out. Look for the strengths and weaknesses. And they're plain to see. Strengths: sticking to the schedule early in the week (when I have more motivation). Weaknesses: exercising after I get home at night, and exercising on the weekends. Now I have to decide if I want to change the schedule to fit in with those weaknesses, or try to change myself to eliminate those weaknesses. I'll have a think about it.

In Other News...

In my discussion last week, I decided that I wanted to try giving meditation a serious go. Every day. That seemed very daunting, but starting off with 30 seconds seemed very do-able. Then increasing to 60 seconds when I feel comfortable with that. Then seeing how I go. For the next 3 weeks. So I've done 30-60 seconds (I don't time it exactly) every day since last Friday. Well, that's only 3 days so far, but you know! I do it in bed at night before going to sleep. Somehow I wonder if that's cheating in a way, as I'm not actually putting aside special time to do it. Probably as the time gets longer I'll change that. Some sessions are harder than others. Perhaps I'll talk about why that is later at some point. Right now I'm going to get some breakfast!