30 July 2011

Recovering

I guess I should apologise for being so absent and/or vague lately. Just on the off-chance that anyone who doesn't know me personally reads this blog, I'll explain. My grandfather passed away last weekend. He was diagnosed with cancer 3 months ago. I've been trying to spend as much time with him as I can, but he (and most of my family) live a 2-hour drive away, so I've been travelling a lot. I have to thank Boy for coming with me and driving when I was too upset to. When the family was told he was deteriorating, we all gathered round and spent 2 days and 2 nights by his bedside in the hospital. Then there were the funeral arrangements. My grandma collapsed and was taken to hospital on the day of the funeral and we had to postpone it. Not to mention that some members of the family don't normally get along very well and there was a chance that things could go wrong. It was pretty stressful and I was very worried about my Grandma and everyone involved. But thankfully everything went smoothly.

So I'm sure you can imagine that getting fit and healthy has been the last thing on my mind recently! I decided to give myself until the end of the week to relax and recover. I'm putting my food & exercise in my Tracker still, but not going to sit down and analyse it like I normally do. Though - I've been getting headaches a lot recently, and I've realised it's because I've stopped drinking water, so that's one thing I'll make sure to do. Got my 1-litre bottle right next to me at the computer now.

This post was transferred from calorieking.com.au