10 May 2011

Inspiration and Sundries

Yesterday I had a very good day! I got 80% on my chart. I ate healthy for every meal except dessert, and exercised. Which is good, cos the weekend was absolutely shocking. Need to be more aware of what I'm doing on the weekends!

I weighed myself on Friday though and I've put on 0.4kgs in the last month. Though I've lost 2cms from my waist. How does that work?! That's what I'd like to know!

Once a week I get an email from Spark.com and a few weeks ago the title was, "the one exercise that will make you lose weight". (Or something like that.) So of course I eagerly clicked on it! And it says the best exercise is one that you enjoy, so you're more likely to keep doing it over the long term. And that's true. For over a year, I kept telling myself I 'should' exercise every day. I 'should' do my weights routine twice a week, and I 'should' do my yoga DVD once a week and blah blah. I thought if I wrote up a timetable it would help, but it didn't! It made things worse! Plus I felt guilty because I didn't do yoga every Wednesday, weights every second Tuesday and alternating Friday, etc. etc. It was driving me nuts. So I threw the timetable in the bin. Well, I kinda did that because I was sick for about 6 weeks as well and didn't feel like exercising at all. When I started to get better, I started feeling like I wanted to exercise again, but I knew this timetable thing wasn't going to work! So the last few weeks I've just been doing what I felt like, when I felt like. Last night I felt like dancing so I did - for nearly an hour! That was great. I wonder what I'll feel like doing tomorrow.



Greens: 80%.


This post was transferred from calorieking.com.au