Good morning sunshine.
Well, I can't decide if I'm feeling optimistic or pessimistic today. On the one hand, the sun is shining, spring is beginning, I'm in the mood to get out there and move my body and experience the world and the fresh air. On the other hand, I feel really mentally tired today. One of my colleagues has been away sick, so I was even more busy yesterday. I felt good in the morning yesterday, but by the time I finished work, I was exhausted. Today, I don't even feel good in the morning, so I'm expecting to be even more exhausted tonight. But ... I felt good in the morning yesterday! Which is a development. Sometimes I get extremely frustrated by the fact that, when I do have energy and feel like doing something physical in the mornings, it just happens to be when I've just arrived at work and I have to sit on my butt for the next 8 hours and while away all my energy doing worky things. But ... such is the dilemma for millions of office workers all around the world. There's no point whingeing about it, I need to find ways to solve it, or work around it.
Meanwhile ...
Last night I discovered Fitblrs. They're Tumblr blogs with Fitspiration. I didn't go looking for them: I found them after linking from some fashion tumblrs that I like to look at. (It seems that in many people's minds, fashion and weight loss are inextricably linked, which I think is very sad.) I'd certainly heard of thinspiration before, but I was never interested in it, with it's awful quotes about how eating even one mouthful of certain foods will ruin your life, etc. I'm sure there are positive inspirations in there as well, but it's not the kind of inspiration that works on me. As I mentioned the other day, I seem to be more motivated by goals of becoming fitter rather than goals of losing weight. And I'm much more into anything positive (moving towards) than negative (moving away). I'm not about to chuck a whole bunch of fitblrs onto my my reader - I already have waaaay too many blogs on there already - but I did have a bit of a peruse last night. There were lots of pictures of yummy healthy foods, people doing exercise, and inspirational quotes. The photos of ladies in elaborate yoga poses were kinda intimidating. And ladies with manly 6-pack abs. But in general I found them pretty inspiring. If I find some I really like, I might add a few to my inspirational links page. In fact, afterwards I even did some work with my weights! In my jammies, sitting on my fit ball in front of an episode of The X-Files.
I also found 3 more elephant models yesterday, though I'll do a separate post on that later.