13 August 2012

The Weekend

I went for a walk on Saturday. Yay me, can I have a cookie now?
I'm so cynical because we walked to the cinema and back to see a movie, so it doesn't seem like 'real exercise'. Though it was 1km each way, so I did have to put in a little bit of effort. Foodwise I only had 2 meals: pancakes with hamsteak and egg for breakfast, and nachos for dinner. So I ate badly, but at least I didn't eat a lot.

On Sunday I was terribly slovenly. After telling myself I was going to do some housework, some craft and either another walk or yoga, I ended up spending approximately 9 hours on Pinterest. Oops. I just suddenly decided that some of my boards needed to be re-arranged, and before I knew it, it was nearly dinner-time. I'm like a collector who can spend all day happily sorting and re-sorting their collection without even noticing the hours fly by. Mine is just a virtual collection. =) Unfortunately I paid the price, though. My neck was sore, my shoulders were stiff, I had a pain in my mouse-hand, my legs didn't want to move. I finally hobbled away from the computer when I was too hungry to ignore dinner time anymore. I'm going to forgive myself because I wasn't feeling well yesterday, for "personal reasons" that I'm sure every woman can understand.
I obviously haven't learnt my lesson about sitting on the computer all day, because I'm strongly tempted to skip my lunchtime walk today so I have more time to spend on Pinterest! I'm not feeling very well again today anyway...........

Meanwhile....

Last week I had a whinge about clothes and such. Well, I've decided not to be so silly and just wear whatever I feel like - not what I feel I should wear; not what suits the weather or the 'feel' of an occasion; not what I dream of wearing but in reality would make me feel very self-conscious. I'm being a bit vague, I know, but there are several events coming up that I was stressing over; they're all different, but I was stressing in the same way about all of them!
That's one good thing that sunk into my head from Pinterest over the last few days. Images of people from the streets with quotes saying that they wear whatever makes them happy, not caring what other people think. I feel very restricted to the kinds of clothes I have access to, as a 'person of size'. But geez, if even Beth Ditto has to make her own clothes, then so can I! (My style is different to hers, but I have the same poor non-existent choice in the styles I prefer.) Although, Pinterest is a double-edged sword, because I found myself becoming envious not only of women who are smaller than me, but women who are the same size and larger as well! Just anyone who seems to be having more fun than me, I guess. I'm currently working on a list of 5 Ways To Make My Life More Interesting. Perhaps I'll post it tomorrow.