29 February 2012

Could I be changing - for reelz??

Yesterday I had a bit of a heart-to-heart with Boy/Man - by email. We're a 21st-century kind of couple! I won't say I had an 'epiphany', but it did get me thinking - and got me much more motivated.

So I spent lunchtime yesterday working through the first free e-pamphlet on the My Mind Coach website: The Five Biggest Diet Mistakes That Keep You Fat. Normally I'm a bit wary of these sorts of things, but it seems genuine, non-scammy, and has a lot of information that really makes sense to me. I got up to Mistake No. 4. I was actually excited by the idea of doing homework!

Then, after work, I listened to the Chocolate Craving Hypnosis mp3 that I downloaded from the site (again, for free). It was pretty good. Hypnosis recordings usually need to be listened to a number of times before they have a lasting effect, so I'll need to be persistent with that one. Though! - I did notice, last night, we had some sherberts for dessert, and I got that sickly sugar feeling after only having 2. So, hmmm!

Then, after that, I was thinking about the section in the e-pamphlet where it talks about emotional eating. So I decided to write about the 'episode'/'incident'/'whatever-you-want-to-call-it' that I'd had on Monday night. I wrote in great detail about what happened, how I felt and what I was thinking, before, during and after. Analysing it and thinking about it seemed to help. It made me more determined not to let it happen again.

Tonight, I'm looking forward to finishing off the first e-pamphlet. There are plenty of inspirational posts and things to do on the website's blog as well, so I might have a look at some of those, too. I'm feeling really determined and inspired right now!