16 December 2011

From one party to another...

Currently I'm filling in some time on the internet, having just been to a work Christmas lunch, and about to leave for a work Christmas party. This is the life! Actually, lunch wasn't that spectacular. Imagine this, but with a small schnitzel underneath:


Source: simpledailyrecipes.com via Cec on Pinterest.


I realised the other day that I'm fairly cynical now when it comes to eating out. I often expect the food to be below par, average or just plain boring. And sadly, today lived up to my expectations. At least there were lots of veges in the coleslaw.
Been doing moderately well so far this week. I've been too busy to concentrate on healthy things too much, but also too busy to beat myself up about it, either. So I'm neither here nor there. But I suppose I should make some effort!

In review, things I'd still like to change are:
* exercise more. set goals to work towards.
* tackle cravings when I get home from work. eat a healthier/smaller snack.
* eat a healthier dessert or none at all.
* find ways to de-stress effectively.
* go to bed earlier and get enough sleep.
* be more mindful of negative thoughts.
That's about it for now. I'm in the mood to want to change right now (in between running around getting ready for the holidays, etc) so I will think about drawing up some kind of plan of attack in the near future.

It's nearly party time!