Felt terrible all day yesterday. I didn't think I drank that much on Saturday night! But I did mix champagne and spirits, which is always guaranteed to Royally screw me up.
Did manage to catch up with some friends yesterday, though. Have to admit - lately I always feel jealous when they talk about their latest achievements with their personal trainers or in exercise classes. I adore my friends and I'm proud of their achievements, don't get me wrong. I've noticed I feel the same way whenever I see someone jogging down the street or around the park. I don't want to look like them (especially the men, hah!) - I want to be as fit as them. I see them when I'm on the way to work in the morning, and I'm jealous that they have the time and the energy. I just feel so tired all the time lately. It's been worse the last few weeks. Don't know if it's because I've had bad hayfever most of the time, or I've been staying up later than normal most nights. I'm not going to whinge and complain too much, because it's probably self inflicted! Anyhow, I'm not the type of person to pout and wallow. If there's something I'm unhappy about, I say to myself, "right, what can I do about it?" I treat it like a problem-solving exercise. I write out lists and make decisions. Sometimes I follow through and sometimes I don't, but I usually end up feeling better.
So I had a chat with Boy about it and we decided to go to bed earlier. It seems like most nights when we watch TV, the so-so shows are on earlier, and then our favourite shows are on around-about bedtime. (Yes, it's kinda sad that our lives revolve around TV. They do on weeknights anyway, I'll admit that!) So we're going to go through and set the recorder to tape all of the later ones and watch them earlier in the evening when the so-so shows are on. Then we'll go to bed early like good boys and girls. That's the plan.
I'll make that my weekly focus for at least this week and possibly next week, too. Try and make it a habit. Then in a few weeks' time, I'll look into stepping up my exercise routine. That's the plan.