Last night I ate the most enormous steak in the entire universe. Had dinner at an Argentinean restaurant for a friend's birthday. They have a lot of meat. A lot! They had this special deal called the Volcanic Hot Rock. The steak comes out on this block of granite which retains heat for up to an hour, and the meat cooks right there in front of you. So you can eat it at whatever stage of cookedness you like. A few others were ordering it, so I thought, heck, why not? When they started coming out, I was shocked at how big they were! I mean, this was a once-in-a-lifetime size piece of meat! I wish I'd had my camera with me. It was served with a very small portion of fried potatoes and a green salad, so there were practically no carbs in the whole meal. Whenever I think back and get shocked at myself for thinking I ate all that meat, that's what I keep telling myself! The herb sauce it came with was delicious. Not creamy, just herby. Creamy would have been too much, I think. Afterwards, those of us who ate the Hot Rock Steak were all visibly sagging, so sleepy. It was kinda funny.
Today my gut is certainly letting me know how it feels about having to process so much meat. I don't think I want to eat any more meat for at least another week!