Though I won't go shopping today as I was very naughty again and made another order online last night. Oops! I couldn't help it. One of the blogs I read mentioned that that Asos (U.K. based) have a webshop here in Australia now - it opened last week. For the last few months, they had free shipping anywhere in the world, and I placed a couple of orders, just to see what they were like. For a few years now, I'd been thinking about ordering from an overseas fashion supplier, but the high postage, coupled with the uncertainty of not being able to try the clothes on before purchase, had put me off. I've bought clothes on the internet before - mainly things on sale from Virtu and Ebay - despite the risks, and had hits and misses. Sticking to simple, loose styles and buying a size bigger (so I can take it in if it's too big) seem to be good tactics.
Anyhoo. Last night I was so excited that Asos have shown Australia the love by opening a distribution centre here, that I decided to show the love back by making (another) order. The fact they had a 20% off code helped a lot, too.

I got some pants that I'd thought about buying the first time, but decided against. They're a little bit out of my Sartorial Comfort Zone, but last night I thought, what the hell? I also got a bangle and some earrings. They shouldn't take too long to arrive, I hope!
In Related News ...
Sometimes I get all excited and want to start a personal fashion blog of my own. But then I think, naaaaaah! For a start, I don't really think I have anything new to add. There are already thousands (literally) of personal fashion bloggers out there, in all shapes and sizes, working all different types of fashion. How could I top any of them?
This is me: I work full time in a job where I might have to go on long walks to deliver things, or move boxes and other heavy things around at the drop of a hat, yet still have to dress to a business standard (though a fairly casual one, thankfully). So I tend to go more for appropriateness and comfort rather than wow and pizzazz. Flats and pants. I try to make sure I'm wearing at least one item of clothing that's not black, and one accessory, but otherwise it's pretty standard and boring. On weekends I go casual as well. I only wear dresses on special occasions, and that's pretty rare. So my 'style' is really nothing to write home about.
Secondly, it's too much pressure. I know there's no obligation to post Outfits of the Day every single day or anything, but the point of a blog is to update regularly. I imagine I'd feel some pressure to come up with new and creative outfits regularly to have something to post. I don't buy clothes very often (anymore!) so it would be the same thing over and over. My hair's usually quite slubby, makeup minimal and half the time I'm not organised enough to even have clean clothes that actually match. When I think about it, it's really more fun to live vicariously through bloggy fashionistas than to go through all that trouble. On the rare occasions when I do feel like recording/sharing outfits that made me feel fabulous, then I'll draw them and put the drawing up in a What I Wore post on my other blog. They serve the
Lastly, I'm such a private person, I try to avoid putting up any photos of my face only, let alone the whole sha-bang. Once you start something like that, there's no going back. What if I have a complete meltdown at the very thought that some stranger somewhere saw a photo of my body??! Oi, the scrutiny and attention, I can't imagine it!
I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with fashion. I would certainly wear very different clothes if I were thinner. Heck, I'd even wear them right now if they were available in my size! I get so frustrated at the lack of choice. There's some 'higher' power out there that gets to decide how I'm 'allowed' to express myself, just because my hips measure xx centimetres instead of xx centimetres. I could go on and on, but I won't. This post is insanely long already and I didn't mean to turn it into a rant. I'm not a political person by nature, and there are many other bloggers out there who can articulate the issues so much better than I. Maybe I'll post a list of them sometime soon.
Just for fun though, here's my OOTD for today:
My work outfit - albeit slightly more interesting than normal ...
bright pink v-neck tank top :: Lilly & Lou
short-sleeve drape cardigan with horizontal black and white stripes :: K-mart
black bootleg pants :: Autograph
boring, black, comfortable shoes :: K-mart
necklace with old-gold gypsy flask pendant :: Asos
moss green nails, slightly chipped :: OPI On Stranger Tides Collection
hair style :: senorita bun with slight regrowth
And I'd probably finish with something like: