) and having trouble losing weight, you've probably got psychological issues and need to see a counsellor rather than a nutritionist. I've always figured that, but it's interesting to see the figures. It made me think about whether I would ever consider having something like that done. I don't think I would, unless I was literally about to keel over. Sure, it solves the problem at hand, but it's not a long-term solution. You need to learn to change your habits for the rest of your life, or you'll just put the weight back on. Plus for me, there's another aspect too. I'd feel like I was giving up. I still believe that I can (and will) lose weight naturally. Giving up on that would mean I've lost faith in myself. And doing something so invasive and drastic to my body, which I'm working so hard on loving - well, it'd be like betraying my body. My body knows what it's doing - it's my brain that doesn't!07 July 2011
Thoughts
Was just reading an article online about how people who have had gastric banding or bypass surgery are 4 times more likely to develop an addiction to something else afterwards, like alcohol or shopping. I'm really not surprised to hear that. Like it says in Weight Loss for Food Lovers if you're finding it hard to stick to a 'healthy eating plan' (PC name for Diet
) and having trouble losing weight, you've probably got psychological issues and need to see a counsellor rather than a nutritionist. I've always figured that, but it's interesting to see the figures. It made me think about whether I would ever consider having something like that done. I don't think I would, unless I was literally about to keel over. Sure, it solves the problem at hand, but it's not a long-term solution. You need to learn to change your habits for the rest of your life, or you'll just put the weight back on. Plus for me, there's another aspect too. I'd feel like I was giving up. I still believe that I can (and will) lose weight naturally. Giving up on that would mean I've lost faith in myself. And doing something so invasive and drastic to my body, which I'm working so hard on loving - well, it'd be like betraying my body. My body knows what it's doing - it's my brain that doesn't!
This post was transferred from calorieking.com.au
) and having trouble losing weight, you've probably got psychological issues and need to see a counsellor rather than a nutritionist. I've always figured that, but it's interesting to see the figures. It made me think about whether I would ever consider having something like that done. I don't think I would, unless I was literally about to keel over. Sure, it solves the problem at hand, but it's not a long-term solution. You need to learn to change your habits for the rest of your life, or you'll just put the weight back on. Plus for me, there's another aspect too. I'd feel like I was giving up. I still believe that I can (and will) lose weight naturally. Giving up on that would mean I've lost faith in myself. And doing something so invasive and drastic to my body, which I'm working so hard on loving - well, it'd be like betraying my body. My body knows what it's doing - it's my brain that doesn't!