08 June 2011

Temptation

We've had biscuits here for morning tea two days in a row! Argh! Yesterday I had 5. Today, I put 4 on my plate, but I only felt like eating 3. That's pretty cool. Then a bit later on I felt a little peckish again, instead of eating the last biscuit on the plate, I just had a cup of green coffee. Maybe I'll eat the biscuit after lunch. Speaking of green coffee, I'm down to my last sachet. I can't decide whether to buy more. It's a 'special' one that you can only get from the chemist, which supposedly is an appetite suppressant (... weight-loss aid ... ancient Asian wisdom updated for today's busy woman ... blah, blah ... ) I've gotten used to having something on hand to drink if I get hungry after morning tea, but it's not lunch time yet. The green coffee's been good for that because it's easy to prepare: you just dump the sachet in the cup. And, unlike tea, I can use the same mug from my morning coffee and it won't taste funny, so there's less washing up. I also like the taste, which makes me care not as much whether it actually has the properties it claims. Recently I saw that Nescafe now has a green coffee drink which you can buy at the supermarket. I didn't buy any because I thought it was snortingly expensive, but I got to try some when I was at Mum's house. I didn't like the taste as much as the one I've been drinking. I don't remember the exact prices, but I think the chemist one is actually about the same price, perhaps even less (ironically). So I might pick some up next time I go to the chemist (I'm not going to make a special trip though, not in this weather!).

Went to weigh myself this morning, because I was feeling pretty good about everything, and was curious as well, and the batteries in my scales have run out! Durnit! I'll have to get Boy to get some new ones.

Oh, it's been so cold lately!! I'm starting to think of it as S.I.C. (So Insanely Cold :) ). My normal plan of walking part of the way home after work is completely out the window this week. Monday I didn't do any exercise. I just came home and curled up on the couch. Yesterday I unwrapped my new yoga mat and and did my yoga DVD. The mat isn't as good as the old one - it's thicker, but not as 'grippy' on my feet so they slide a bit when I'm in a wide stance; also it kinda stretches when I'm in a wide stance as well. I nearly fell over a couple of times because of it. Oh well, what can you expect for $15 K-Mart crap? :O I wasn't very enthusiastic and I didn't do all of the moves, but I still felt much better afterwards. More relaxed and stretchy, and my hip didn't hurt, and when I bent over I could touch my toes straight away instead of having to work up to it. (Or 'down' to it, actually ;) ) So ... yoga, yeah! Every time I do yoga, it reminds me of why I should do it more often. Tonight I want to do my strength-training session though. I did it last week for the first time in ages, and I felt pretty good afterwards. Sore, but good! I'm sick of feeling weak and not being able to lift as much at work. So I'm going to do the training again, and again, and again! :)

This post was transferred from calorieking.com.au