16 June 2011

No Time

Well, it's been a little while since I last posted, but not much has really been going on. Actually, that's not true! So much has been going on that I haven't had the time or energy to concentrate much on eating healthy and exercising. I did manage to go for a walk last Sun, though it made me a bit sad and concerned that Boy didn't want to come with me. He doesn't do very much exercise at all anymore. On Sunday, for the first time I did my new Zumba basics DVD. It goes for 1 hr 20 mins, which is a bit nuts! I only got up to the 40-minute mark before I decided that was enough. That whole time consisted of the teacher demonstrating the dance moves you're supposed to learn. There sure were a lot! I thought it was meant to be easy and fun! Well, it was fun, mostly. Some of the dance moves were so fast that I had trouble doing them. Mostly they were quite easy though. The main reservation I had was: it was really daunting thinking that I need to remember so many dance moves to be able to do the routine proper. I'll have to see if I can get a-hold of any the other DVDs and see what they're like.

This week though, I haven't had time to do much exercise. One night I worked late shift, another night I had to apply for a job. All of a sudden it's Thursday and nothing to show for it! And I haven't eaten any fruit all week. And it's so cold! And I'm feeling a bit sniffly and pouty. My colitis has been playing up a bit too. I'm wondering if that's because I have a cold; my immune system is down in general at the moment. At least it's not a bad cold, though.
I'm back into the swing of things with my food again today, though. And hopefully after work with exercise, as well! I have my good sneakers with me, so I have no excuse!

Unfortunately the biscuits got opened just before, here at work. The large packet we were keeping until they were near their expiry date. I ate one before, but I don't want to eat any more! I had this wicked thought (that's probably very emotionally unhealthy), but I thought, if I just imagine that someone's taken each biscuit and wiped it around the toilet bowl before putting it back in the jar, that'll make it much easier to resist eating them! ;)

This post was transferred from calorieking.com.au