23 May 2011

Did Well

Quite proud of myself, I did pretty well this weekend, with Boy's help. He made many helpful suggestions for eating healthy. And we went for a longish walk on Sat. I didn't really feel like it, but I had to return some library books, and then we went down to the playground. It was nearly dark so there wasn't anyone there, so we had a bit of a play before walking home. Some days, you gotta just do whatever gets you moving!

So, looking over last week, I did pretty well with eating main meals. I exercised quite a bit, but I'd like to try doing more. I drank some water, but not as much as they say you should. Same with fruit and veges. Did pretty well with the fruit actually. Normally I don't eat any, but I ate at least 1 serve every single day. (Except Thursday.) Had a pretty stressful week so, even though I made sure to have a snack right before I left work, I found myself eating chips, etc when I got home. It was just mindless nomming when I was reading my book. I need to figure out a way to cut this out! The other area where I didn't score many greens was dessert. I've already improved in this area. 6 months ago we were eating chocolate brownies with double-choc icecream. Now it's a hot chocolate drink with a couple of plain biscuits or a pudding made with fresh berries and sugar substitute. It's definitely an improvement! But I still can't - in all good conscience - call it definitively healthy. I'm really trying to be honest with myself here. It's hard when someone makes something and they try really hard to be thoughtful when making it. You feel like you should be grateful and not criticise. You think well, I know I made that rule that anything with pastry in it can't be healthy, but the apple pie only had a very thin base, and it did also have healthy fruit in it as well .... And I am actually doing very well with 90% of my meals..... I'll think about how to tackle that later.

So this week I want to concentrate on drinking more water, at least 2 bottles per day, and diversify my exercise instead of just walking.

This post was transferred from calorieking.com.au