25 April 2011

Okay, this thing isn't really working for me anymore. The food diary has become a real chore. I know they say that keeping a food diary enables people to lose more weight. Well, the companies that offer food diary systems seem to say that anyway. I don't know if everyone else does! So I would feel guilty on giving it up. But I also feel guilty that, while I note down everything I eat in a Word document, I keep getting days behind on entering it in the website. Then I feel bad, but I can't be bothered with the effort, I let it lag further behind, I feel even worse, then it's even more effort and more discipline to spend an hour entering in the last week's worth of food, etc etc.

*sighs*

I think I need to re-evaluate this whole thing. How much benefit am I really getting out of the food diary? Can I let it go? Will I be happier? Will I continue to lose weight? Are there other parts of CK that are helpful for me and that I want to continue to use? Will I eat healthy if I'm not keeping track of what I'm eating? (To be honest, I don't eat that healthy when I do!)
I'm sure that I'll continue using the blog. I just love spewing out my most personal feelings for all and sundry to read. ;) And I've found the check-in diary (recording weight and measurements) to be very useful too. I just need to find a way of balancing the other stuff that works for me, that's more holistic, that's accountable, but more casual and laid-back (i.e. involves less effort! )
Stay tuned.............


This post was transferred from calorieking.com.au