Ailments
I hurt my foot last week. I either wrenched or grandly stubbed my big toe when I rolled off my bed, and the joint was sore. I just happened to be going to the chiropractor that same night and I mentioned it to him. He thought it might be gout (it didn't start to hurt until some time after I fell off the bed, so I didn't put two and two together at first, and told him it started hurting spontaneously.) Because there was seemingly no cause, he thought it might be gout. Then Husband pointed out that I'd had that accident the day before, and I was actually relieved. Sometimes health practitioners get some funny notions when they're dealing with things that are outside their primary sphere of knowledge. My toe has been steadily improving though, so I'm pretty sure it's not gout.
However, it's brought to light again my fears and frustrations about being injured and potentially disabled. I really, really hate not being at my best. I hate other people seeing me limping. I hate not being able to walk places. I found myself getting quite depressed at times. I wasn't able to go for my daily walk in the park at lunchtime for most of the last week, and that also added to my depression, I think. It seems I need that to "keep me sane", as they say.
Dealing With Trolls
Have you heard about the whole Photo Bucket controversy that erupted yesterday? I'm absolutely furious about it. I have 13 years' worth of photos on there for my blog, and they suddenly want to charge me UD$400 a year to keep doing that?!? People are saying it's tantamount to ransomware, and I just about agree. I got their email about it at lunchtime yesterday, and I had a near meltdown at my desk. Most people probably wouldn't understand ("it's just a blog") but to me it's a big part of my life, and it has been for a long time. I'm proud of having a blog that's been around for so long, and writing for it is one of my most enjoyable and most consistent hobbies. Just in the last few weeks, I've had a burst of enthusiasm about it and even started a second blog so I can write even more! Sure, the text will still be there, but the photos really make a blog, I'm sure everyone would agree.
It's really tough to decide what to do, but Husband advised to wait a week and see what happens. In the meantime, I will start to replace the photos in my more recent posts with ones uploaded directly to Blogspot. Or perhaps I should concentrate on retrieving the oldest ones from P/Bucket in case I can't find backups on my computer??
I Have a Fidget Cube ...
... and it's totally awesome. Thank goodness it arrived yesterday because I really needed something that was a) fun and b) bonus - relaxing. I bought a fidget cube and fidget spinner set for myself and a set for Husband as well. The spinner is really awesome -- it has little LED lights on it that look mesmerisingly trippy when spun. It makes a semi-loud whirring noise when I use it though, and you really need to use it with both hands (one to hold it and one to spin) so I decided to leave it at home and only bring the cube to work. It's small enough to hide in your hand and some of the fiddly functions are silent, so it's much more discreet. I'm finding that I have my favourite functions already. =D
Here's a picture of it (a Blogspot picture, not a P/B picture!!):
(Although, I have no idea why there's a thick black border around it. I'm still figuring things out. Sigh.)