* I intended to do my sort-of semi-customary Tuesday update yesterday, but work was extremely busy and I didn't have time during my lunch break. So here we are on Random Dot-Point Wednesday.
* The FMSHAP (Find My Safe House Action Plan AKA Buying A House) is progressing a lot faster than I thought it would. Husbandy One and I fell in love with the second house we saw, and we wanted it. So we put in an offer for it. Nuts, yeah?
One part of me was screaming, "but all the advice says you should view at least 50 properties before deciding! What are you thinking?! You're completely crazy-bananas!!" The other part of me is saying, "it's the perfect house for you: why let it get away, just because of what other people think? You're lucky, not crazy."
Or am I??
* All this stress and confusion has made me really susceptible to all the issues that always happen when I'm stressed. Plus interesting new factors as well. My eczema is irritating me to all-time highs. I'm having trouble sleeping, though a few factors have been helping with this, which I'll talk about in the next dot-point. I've even been so distracted that I locked myself out of the office two days in a row due to leaving my pass behind, and I never do that. Well, perhaps twice in the last 18 months! So it's very unusual for me. I had slightly more energy last night and had fun doing some dancing, but today I'm really tired again. I feel like I'm on a rollercoaster! I'm trying not to get too excited about (possibly) buying the house, so with the excitement taken out of the equation, all I'm feeling is pure terror.
* Added to that now is finding out that we have to give the Real Estate Gnomes all of our money. Yes, all of it. We're going ot have to be reeeeeally careful in the next few weeks. And I'm going to have to bite the bullet and rein in all the outstanding annoying chores that will bring me in more money (e.g. health insurance claims). Annoying! And stressful!
* I've started having acupuncture treatments. It's sooo freakin' relaxing. You wouldn't believe! After the first treatment, I slept better, stressed less and my digestive system was calmer. I also didn't crave sugary foods as much. I know, just above I said I was stressed out, but the difference? Short periods of freaking out rather than full-blown panic attacks. I don't think I'd be coping as well if I hadn't had the treatments. Aside from anything else, it's just nice to be able to tell a nice lady how I'm feeling and then lie down in a quiet room with relaxing music for a while. The tea smells disgusting, but I've gotten used to it and I actually look forward to drinking it twice a day. Even just the idea of doing something for myself, for my own wellbeing, has made me feel better.
* I'm starting to freak out about moving house, too, which could happen in as little as 2 months. My health and fitness level is at an all-time low. Physically, I feel like a slug. But I'll need to be strong and fit for packing everything, moving house and unpacking everything. Not to mention that the walk to the station is a lot further than it is now (assuming we get the house!). I need to prepare. I feel a determination all of a sudden. I didn't have a tangible reason before, but now I have one. Even though I know it's not, I have this strange feeling that Spring is coming. Perhaps that's all down to attitude. I want to walk, I want to dance. I don't want to let the wah-wah get in the way.