* This last week has been the craziest week ever. I have no idea what's going to happen. We may have a house in a week's time, or we may not! The people I've told the Lite version of the story to are all saying, "wow, that's so exciting!" The people I've told the full version to are saying, "oh my gosh, you poor thing, that's so stressful!" Talking about it makes me feel stressed, so when people ask (and many have, at work and all the social things we've been to lately) I tend to tell them the Lite version. The version that leaves out all the stuff that's stressing me out right now. So I get what seems like a bombardment of, "no, it's great, it's really exciting!" When I just feel like puking. I know the people mean well, and it's my own fault for not telling them the whole story, but it's a rather bizarre situation to be in.
* Last week I decided that, with the whole (potential) moving house thing, I'd like to be a bit fitter and stronger so that I can help with the move. Not only is packing and unpacking a lot of physical work, but I'd also like to help with the actual move itself. Husbandy One and I did that last time, and it seemed to make things run much more smoothly. The moving guys really seemed to appreciate it a lot, and they even gave us a discount. Plus, I don't want to be one of those people they told us stories about, who stood around checking their manicures while 2 guys moved 20 boxes full of lingerie. (And also yeah, it's a control thing, I think.)
* The journal-writing has been continuing. I didn't do My Pages at all last weekend, and I was reluctant to take it up again on Monday (yesterday). I kept thinking, "what's the point? Is it really worth the time and effort?" I sat down anyway, and the writing started out in this vein. But by the time I finished, I'd touched on some pretty profound stuff, and I was very glad that I'd made the effort. How could I think about stopping?? Aside from anything else ... dang, that Zebra Sarasa Port-wine coloured gel pen made such pretty writing!
* I've been participating in the VPAs every Monday on the Fluent Self Blog for about 2 months now. When I first started going to the blog again, there was an initial flurry of
* vis a vis the Ralph Plan: I realised something today as I was thinking about it. I'm going about things arse-way-up. I look at the list every morning to see what I did the day before and cross it off. I'm looking at it after the fact to see what I have done, not before the fact to see what I can get done. I only look at the list at work, when I don't have time to action anything on the list. I never look at it when I'm at home, times when I have time and/or am in the right location to actually do anything. This applies particularly to the Cleaning Cycle. Wow, I've discovered an exciting new way of procrastinating!
. * [Cont.] I've been having particular trouble in the last few weeks. I've been doing so much Grown Up Pants stuff, and going to so many social things, that when I'm at home, I just want to relax. I don't want to do housework, I wanna go on Pinterest! And I end up spending all day on there. And, because I didn't have access to the site for a few weeks recently because of bugs, I feel like I deserve it. I don't even feel bad about it. (I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing!) I've thought of a few things I can try though, so I'll see how I go.
* What else? I have my 3rd acupuncture appointment tonight, and I'm looking forward to it. I've definitely noticed some differences in the few days after each treatment so far. I won't go into them now, as this post is insanely long already. I'll post a fuller update soon, though.