That's life, I suppose. I apologise in advance if this post isn't very coherent. * For the last 3 weeks I've been participating in the weekly Very Personal Ads game over on Fluent Self Blog. (I know, I keep mentioning it a lot lately!) In a nutshell, the participants post a comment setting out what they would like to happen during the week, and ways they could make it happen. The format is very open, it's the intent that counts. So instead of my normal Monday morning babbling on here, I've been doing it over there instead. Compared to my writing on here, it's more intentful, less whingey and more
* For some reason I've been thinking a lot again about finding some penpals. I've been reading the penpal blogs that I saved 6 months ago and dreaming. I know of a few sources where I could get in touch with people interested in penpalling. I even bought some stationery from Daiso last week. And yet. I hesitate.
* If I were Alternate-Universe-Me-who-already-has-a-Book-of-Me, I would write in my Book of Me:
"Both last night and the night before, had chocolate for dessert, and woke up already hungry the next day. Can't be a coincidence. Probably best to try and cut back on sugar at night. Take note of Nessbow's recent post on the topic."
* Obviously there's a part of me that thinks having a Book of Me would be a really good thing. Otherwise I wouldn't have bought a notebook for the purpose last week (and even showed it to Husband and asked if the style of the cover was 'me'). Otherwise I wouldn't be thinking about it and writing about it this much! But I'm feeling a lot of resistance to it. I feel like I've taken a first step, and I want to take a second one, but I'm completely bewildered as to how or where to go next. The advice I've received is to trust myself. And that's really good advice! But I've never done that before and I don't know how.
...and I don't have time to figure it out. Working full-time, dealing with health issues (both mine and Husband's), the million considerations of buying a property, all the everyday concerns of "what's for dinner?", "what's on TV tonight?", "have we heard from this-person about that-thing yet?" Gaaccchhh! I just feel like I need some time away from it all, so I can think things through and do some proper work on my Stuff. Part of me deep down inside suspects that everything else will be easier if I can make some meaningful progress on it. But I'm feeling a lot of resistance to that as well. It's like a vicious circle: I need time to think about why I keep telling myself I don't have time to think. *sighs*