* I have a feeling that I over-shared yesterday, but oh well, what are ya gunna do?
* Last night I had this dream where I lived in a caravan park with my parents. I called them Mar and Dar. I was an only child in the dream. We were great big, round roly-poly people with red cheeks and an amiable way about us, like the funny statuettes you see in gift shops. We were like a matching set! I didn't care though, cos I got my genes from them and that was how we were meant to be. I'm sure we had Geordie accents too. You can imagine! One day all of a sudden I realised our caravan was way too small for the three of us to live in. It only had a shower and a dining nook! I don't know where we slept! I suggested that if we moved the caravan over to near the corner fence of the caravan park, we could use the fence as a base to build some more rooms attached to the caravan. Skip forward past a lot of hard work, and our new house was beautiful! Full of light and windows and white walls. The beautiful plush carpets were burnt orange and grass green. The lounge had a grass green couch with orange scatter cushions, and the shelves were decorated with orange and brown glass vases. Yes, we were into 60s style! It was such a beautiful house and I loved it so much, and I was so proud of having built it myself.
Hmm, what does it all mean??
* I've developed a tendency lately to 'bribe' myself to go for my lunchtime walks by walking to the shops and buying a little something. Once or twice a week I walk to the supermarket on the promise of getting myself some edamame (yum!). I'll also stock up on some work-snack-basics like rice crackers or muesli bars. However, on those days when I have an urge to eat All The Things, my stockpile tends to disappear a bit more quickly than it should. On the one hand, yeah, that's bad. On the other hand, at least I'm eating healthier and cheaper than if I were munching out of the vending box at work. Plus I've gone for a walk, too.
* I've noticed that my pants have become tighter lately. Oops. Sure, the Danger Time has been eliminated by Husband getting home from work earlier than me. But I guess those urges to eat All The Things are having a similar consequence! I've been getting them more now the weather is getting colder. I will have to put in place some kind of Contingency Plan. Or Prevention Strategy. Or something else with a pseudo-governmental name!
* After further reading of the Fluent Self archives, I've decided to name my Goblin Pukkel (it's Dutch for pimple). She's been a terrifying goblin at times, but giving her a name, and such a silly one too, made me feel better instantaneously. So Pukkel and I are going to have some chats in the near future.
* Have I mentioned how much I love edamame? I love 'em!
* Speaking of pimples, I have a couple of honking great big, real-life ones at the moment! Ow! They erupt from my face like a string of volcanoes. People walk past and say, "was that a face, or did I just take a trip to Vesuvius??"
* I have this really strong urge to knit at the moment. It's like my muscle memory is physically forcing my fingers into a needle-holding position! Do other crafters get this?? Unfortunate that I'm on my lunchbreak at work and I don't have any access to craft supplies. I'm sorely tempted to nick down to my Local Yarn Store. By the time I get down there, choose a pattern and supplies and get back, my lunchbreak will be over anyway. Must. Resist.