28 May 2013

Apparently Random Dot-Point Tuesday is A Thing Now

* I had an interesting weekend. On Saturday Husband and I took Maman on an epic shopping trip - literally hours and hours of walking around! At the end my feet were killing me, but it was good. We all agreed that we definitely want to do it again; time to build up the stamina! Oh yeah, and I'm an excellent driver!
Sunday was completely different. I finally had time to settle down with the final Sookie Stackhouse novel. After realising I was 1/3 of the way in after only a couple of hours, I decided to push on through and see if I could read the whole book in one day. And I did! So I spent the whole day lying on the couch, but my brain was very happy =)

* Sunday was a slovenly day (physically, though not mentally), so I was looking forward to going for my lunchtime walk yesterday (Monday). However! There was so much stuff going on at work that, not only did I not get time for my walk, I almost missed out on my break completely! Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. Many people are expected to work through their lunch breaks, but the culture in my organisation isn't like that thankfully, so I can indulge in the Privilege of Expecting a Full Lunch Break. And I was a little annoyed about missing out on my walkie. It's not every day that I'm feeling so motivated and it was frustrating to waste it.

* Yesterday I was also motivated to do a little bit of creative writing-slash-psychological digging. I wrote a piece called Interview with a Goblin. It was an imaginary conversation between myself and one of my head-goblins (I've realised there's more than one. Or possibly just one that appears in different variations. Anyway.). He was a devious little bastard, and I didn't get very far, but it was only my first meeting. I ummed and aahed about posting the piece, but I decided not to. It's a bit too personal.

* Never fear though! Entertainment is at hand! I wrote another piece today called Conversation with Body, Revisited. I wrote the first Conversation with Body a few years ago, and posted it on my Art/Craft blog, but that was before I had this blog. Now that I have the choice, it seems more appropriate to post it here. I might re-post the original Conversation first though, for context. Now I'm worrying that I'm rambling and being too self-referential - you're not supposed to go into that much detail with what you're going to do with your blog are you? You're just supposed to get on with it, aren't you?

* Stuff this, I'm going to get some edamame! Have I mentioned how much I'm loving that stuff? =)

Slightly Later On ...

I did my lunch time walk today, and it was good. And yes, I did get my soybeans, and they were good, too. Feelin' good!