WEEK 1 UPDATE
For the win, I did one of the things on my list! I went to the Zine Fair! I presented myself, as I am, in colourful clothes that express who I am. I was pretty anxious, but decided not to take any Xanax. When I got there, it all just dropped away and my focus shifted externally, to where I was and how interesting and inspiring it was. I even told someone that I've written zines! Someone who saw what I looked like and was still interested in reading them!! She gave me her address to send her some. (I had considered taking some with me to give out to people, but chickened out.) I bought a whole bunch of zines and it was a lot of fun. I left feeling so uplifted and inspired. I really want to make another one now!
While Husband and I were still in the city and looking for somewhere to have lunch, we thought we may as well check out the Lunar New Year festivities. Boy, was it crowded! But I was too busy focussing on the dragon performances and amazing drumming to worry about what other people thought of me. When we found somewhere to have lunch, it was very busy and the only free table was right inside the front door. I took the seat facing the door as Husband dislikes crowds even more than I do and I thought he'd be more comfortable facing inwards. It wasn't long before I realised however, that every time someone poked their head in the door to see if they had any free seats (which was about once every 3 minutes), they'd be looking straight at me. But you know what - this didn't phase me one little bit! I enjoyed my meal, I went 'mmmm!' when I tasted something particularly yummy, and I ate everything on my plate!
I'm a very slow eater, and I did feel self-conscious when Husband had finished everything and my plate was still half full, but I put that aside because I was determined to enjoy it. Then we took the tram home and had a nanna nap on the way. It was a great afternoon. =)
Photos or it didn't happen:

My precious, precious zines.

Random head is random!
For the win!!