Hello again! Yes, so soon! I'm home from work today, sick. I just seem to have gotten worse in the last few days, not better. I think I have, not just a normal cold, but a mega-beast cold (not copyrighted, feel free to use). I feel so weak, I was panting after lifting my box full of files at work, and I collapsed while getting on the tram to come home.
OK well, it wasn't quite that dramatic. I stepped up onto the step (which is a big one, as you might know), and my knees just went, "nup, not doing that!" and I sank down onto my knees on the floor of the tram. I had to grab onto a pole and haul myself up again. I could see other people around me gasping and moving forward to help me, but thankfully it was all so fast, I didn't need help. Then I just toddled off to scan my card and find a seat. The funniest part was, as I was getting up, I said, "excuse me". Not to ask for help or anything like that, but as if I'd just farted or something! ahhahaha I laugh at myself!
When I got home and told Husband the story, he said "you're not going to work tomorrow." Who can argue with that? I do feel like right shite anyway. My brain's still working a million miles an hour though, like it always does. That's why I'm here writing a blog post and not asleep right now. I'll probably have a nap later when it gets hotter. 36C forecast today.
Now I'd like to play a little game I call More or Less.
(Or should that perhaps be More and Less?)
More
1. I'm going to read more books this year. I read an embarrassingly low amount last year. I was almost too ashamed to post the stats {on my craft blog}. I've always thought of myself as a 'voracious reader' (as the cliche goes) but I averaged less than 2 per month last year. I want more input!
2. I'm going to create more art and craft. I know that I feel happier and more complete when I'm making things. Even if it has to be Couch Art, even if it has to be Zombie Crocheting, at least it's something.
3. I'm going to go on more Epic Walks. I think I went on about 7 last year, so even if I only go one one a month, I'm still beating that record. Even if I don't manage that, then I just want to move more in general.
Less
1. I'm going to be less horrible to myself. I've already started on this path, but I want to continue in the same vein this year. Challenging negative self-talk, encouraging healthy behaviours, that sort of thing.
2. I'm going to be less horrible to other people. That might be a strange way of putting it, but what I mean is stop jumping to conclusions about other people. I have a tendency to assume that when I meet people, they aren't going to like me, or that strangers I deal with (in shops, etc) are thinking negative things about me. I'm going to be more open-hearted and give people the benefit of the doubt.
3. I'm going to eat less junk food. Unfortunately I've slipped back into eating large, unhealthy desserts, especially since Christmas when Husband and I were given so many food-based presents! It's partly my own fault, because I collect tins. There are so many beautiful tins around at Christmas, and they all come with biscuits, gingerbread, lollies, etc. inside. *sighs*
Once again, I'd like to stress that I'm not making any New Year's resolutions! (Who would believe me by now though, really!) I don't want to put any pressure on myself and set myself up for failure. I've had enough of that. I just want to be content.