I decided not to make any New Year's Resolutions this year, or lists of Things To Do, or Goals, or even Actions. But I keep thinking about it. I'm just that kind of person. I need to make a list, dammit!
Actually, I remembered at the last minute that I made a list of 10 goals last year, for 2012. I had a look back at it to see if I achieved any of them (I was sure that I hadn't - it's been months since I even looked at the danged thing). To my surprise, I actually had!
Goals I Achieved:
* Save 20% of my wage. Technically the amount is based off my wage from my old job, not my new one, but that's what I was basing it on at the time, but I'm calling this one achieved. (Actually, this is one of the ones I thought less likely to achieve, so I'm quite pleased.)
* Get a permanent job. This one was a rollercoaster ride, having first applied for the job in August 2011 and been turned down, then offered the position in January 2012. It's a big tick on this one and I'm very proud - it's not that long ago that even the thought of a job interview made me burst into tears. So yay me!
Goals I Partly Achieved:
* Get enough sleep and water. I made this one too vague despite knowing that it's something to avoid in setting goals. I paid attention to these more often than not in 2012, though.
* Work on my art journal regularly. Again, another vague goal. What was I thinking? With all my energy going into my job, I had none left for art or craft. Plus I kinda lost my mojo for a long time. I've started working in my art journal again in the last month though, and having joined the Creative Warriors Circle for this year, I have a lot of motivation to work on this one.
Goals I Didn't Achieve:
* Complete the Bed to Couch exercise programme. I threw all my energy into my new job and didn't exercise for a long time. So I never even got to the point where I could start working on this one. Perhaps in the coming year I'll be able to give it a crack.
* A bunch of other more trivial goals that I'm not too fussed about. These were mainly learning new craft and cooking techniques. I wasn't really upset at all that I didn't end up doing them.
Meanwhile ...
I'm still sick! I came to work, but not sure if I'll last it the whole day. That's about it, really.