31 December 2012

Happy New Year and such

To the 1 or 2 people who read this blog:

Happy New Year!


I know that 1-2 people read this blog because a few months ago Google introduced a new format which shows the number of page views on each post. I find it quite disconcerting actually. I tried to find a way of removing that column, but I couldn't. It's easier for me to write truthfully and I feel more comfortable if I imagine that no-one reads this. Whether they actually do or not is irrelevant - just as long as I don't know about it! It applies somewhat to my other blogs as well, but moreso to this one as it's so personal. If the count ever reaches 3 or more (*gasps!*), who knows what that could mean!?

Before I get to the meat of this post, I'll just mention that I exercised yesterday. Yay me! I went for a walk around the neighbourhood, and did quite well considering my cold. I must have been high on Codral. I swear I'm a walking advertisement for that stuff when I'm sick. Anyhoo. I've also decided to give myself a discount - screw it, I'm sick, I deserve it! So instead of having to earn 600 points now to place the order, I'm reducing it to 550. Everyone else is having Boxing Day sales, so why can't I? Yesterday I earned enough points to bring it to 525, so today I only have to earn 25 to reach my goal. Drinking 2 litres of water will earn me 10 points, doing the dishes and cleaning the bench earned me 10. Then all I'll have to do is maybe tidy up the lounge or do a stretching session and I'll be set. See, I can reach my goals!

In Other News ...

Now for the meat of this post. It's almost 2013, so what am I gunna do about it??
I've seen so many "year-in-review" posts around the intertubes. If I was going to do one myself, it would most likely be on my craft blog. And it would most likely consist of "sat around on my butt for a year. The End." But oh, I'm too harsh on myself, which is a habit I'm trying to kick. I had a lot of adjusting to do, after all. I'm really not good at coping with change, and there was a LOT of change this year. It took a long time, but about a month ago I could finally say that I'm getting there.
I wrote a lot of blog posts. I did some craft and a bit of reading. I even did a little thinking. So perhaps I will do a year-in-review post after all. Celebrate the highs, congratulate myself a little. Dammit, I deserve it!
I've taken a few steps towards change in the new year as well. In the past few days I've:

1. decided to work through My Mind Coach's Tips for Planning the New Year. (I'm only up to Step 2 and every time I try to work on it, the cold makes me go all vague. But the intention is there.) My Mind Coach is a really good resource that I haven't yet utilised enough. Some change here, I hope.

2. Sent away for a pen pal! It's for a project called Deep Letters Correspondence. It's a project which matches penpals that want to correspond about deeper topics, issues, etc. The deadline to sign up is 10th January 2013 (agh, it feels so strange typing 2013!). Even if I don't find a long-term penpal from it, then at least I have taken a step.

3. Signed up for Journal Girl's Creative Warrior class! I'd started working in my art journal again a few months ago, and dammit I've missed it! It's only been mucking around so far though. I had some ideas for deeper, more meaningful pieces, but I hesitated at bringing them to life. Why? I want to go deeper, express myself more, work through those issues and be more at peace with myself. Then this kick-starter just happened to come along, at just the right time. No more hesitating, no more thinking 'if only', or 'I don't have the time'. So last night I signed up! I'm hanging out so badly for my invitation, though I know Samantha is a real person and doesn't loiter around the computer 24 hours a day! It's another lesson in patience.

So there you go! Steps! Movements along the path of life.
Bring on 2013.