Here I am, neglecting the blog during the week and writing a post on the weekend. Completely opposite to normal. Has the world gone topsy-turvy??
Not much to report this week. I had another 'tired' week this week. It just seems like: some weeks I have a lot of energy (comparatively), and I'm physical every day and perhaps even do stuff after work. Other weeks are pretty much a dead loss, where I can barely stay awake at my desk, all I can think about is getting home and having a nap, and though I still try to exercise, it's both mentally and physically painful.
I'm still trying to figure out why this is. Do 'tired weeks' (for lack of a better term) happen when I didn't exercise the previous weekend? When I didn't drink enough water? When I have plain cereal for breakfast instead of baking power muffins? Sometimes it seems like my life is just going around in circles; nothing changes and nothing improves. The last few days I've been thinking a lot about travelling again - at least I'd have something to look forward to.
Having said that, I'm still enthusiastic about my exercise points reward system. Giving myself a few extra points for going for a walk even when I feel unmotivated, has been really motivating. (That's kinda circular logic, but it works for me!) As well as bonus points for more incidental exercise, for example walking to the far tram stop instead of the closest one after work. Or making myself go out at lunch time even though I feel anxious. I feel ambivalent about that, but I think this is probably a good thing for me, to get myself out of my 'comfort zone'. Last week there were two incidents where I was walking down the street and people said/shouted rude things to me. I haven't told Husband or anyone about them. I'm not sure if telling people would turn it into a big deal when I don't want it to be a big deal in my mind. Anyway, of course my first instinct was to hide and not be seen by strangers, but that would be turning it into a big deal! So I gave myself some bonus motivating points for continuing to live my life despite these incidents.
In Related News ...
Husband and I ordered our second weekly fruit & veggie box this week, and we made butter chicken with lots of veg. We had stewed fruit for dessert, and I've also been eating fruit every day at work. We still had some potatoes and a few other things left over from the week before, so we're going to have to think of a way to make sure they're either used (e.g. juiced) or stored longer term (e.g. frozen).
In Other News ...
This morning I found this website/concept, called I Am Proud of My Size, hosted on Nearsighted Owl Blog. Participating bloggers post a full-body shot of themselves on their own blog, including their dress size and any other stats they want to add, and link back to the host blog. Additionally, they can write about what they like about their bodies. All sizes/types/genders/everythings are welcome. It seems so simple and yet so radical at the same time!
I would love to participate one day, though I'm not ready yet. I've already found some cool blogs to add to my reader though. I love to read blogs and would do it all day long if I could. (Perhaps I'll post a list of my favourites one day soon.) I think the thing I love about blogs is that they expose me to so many different people, with different ideas, hobbies, points of view, lifestyles, and ways of writing. It's something that I would certainly never get if I only watched TV (even SBS, ha!) and only read magazines and newspapers, and I think it's absolutely wonderful!!