20 November 2012

Wham!

I don't know what's come over me!
Yesterday I was so tired that I had trouble staying awake at my desk. I honestly was afraid to go to the loo in case I dozed off in the cubicle and hurt myself or got stuck or something. I avoided socialising with people because I was too sleepy to hold even a simple conversation. It was getting pretty dire! But then at lunch I went for a short walk (bribed myself by promising myself bonus points!) and had a nice lunch with some protein in it. I felt much better after that. Still lacking in energy, but at least not overwhelmingly sleepy. After work I had a lie-down, and even managed to do a little crochet later in the evening. Husband made sure I went to bed early!

Today, I feel totally different! I woke up and I felt pretty good. I had been thinking about doing a long walk after work one day this week, and I decided that today was the day! So I packed my backpack this morning: walking shoes, comfy pants, t-shirt, water bottle, healthy snack. I really hope I still have even half this much energy by the time I finish work! If not, well I'll just do my best.
I have to say, my points sytem is really motivating for me. If I go for my normal walk at lunch time, the maximum number of points I can earn is about 25-30. Which is a good achievement. But I could earn a lot more if I go for a really really long walk after work, when my time isn't restricted (not to mention my clothing, either). I could potentially earn 60+ points! If I did that once or twice a week along with my normal daily routine, I'd have enough points to get myself a fab treat in no time! Lately I've been wanting to visit the Japanese magazine shop, or renew my obsession with Jetpens.com, or even start a vintage paint-by-numbers painting collection. Yes, my obsessions are varied and change frequently!

Meanwhile, back at the Farm ...

Husband and I had a bit of a chat about our fruit & veggie box delivery this morning. We've had it delivered 2 Wednesdays in a row now, and we're overloaded with fresh produce! The fruit component is about right for one week's worth, but we're practically swiming in vegetables! We still have a head of broccoli, 3 cucumbers (though granted they're quite small), a bag of potatoes, a mango, 2 oranges, 4 apples and probably some more that I can't remember. And the next weekly box is due tomorrow! At the moment we're on the casual option where you manually place an order, and I hadn't gotten around to doing it yet for this week. We really don't need any more fresh produce this week. Even with cooking up a big batch of veggie curry, making juice and having salad for lunch during the week, we still couldn't use it all up! It's really very generous. I'm happy with the delivery, it's definitely convenient and I think it's good value for money (compared to our local supermarket or grocer). It's just so darned much! I'm planning on making up a soup in the slow cooker tonight to use up some of the veggies we have left over (not to mention some of the pulp from our juicer which is starting to fill up the whole freezer!). That's gonna last at least til the end of the week, so we don't need any more veggies right now!
I'm happy to be able to report though, that the subscription options for the box include weekly or fortnightly options. Of course, I could always remain a casual, but you save $2 per box if you subscribe. So I'm going to sign up!