10 May 2012

Feeling much better

Feeling much better today than I have in the last few days. Yesterday I nearly fell asleep in the toilet around morning tea time, even after 4 coffees. Today I've only had one and I feel alert and with-it! Could be because I slept better. Could be because I stayed in bed a little later this morning. Could be that the one coffee that I had was a bottle of extra-strong iced coffee I drank as soon as I got into work!
Seeing Husband getting better and better each day is a weight off my mind, too. I get less and less stressed each day that he gets better and better! And there's one thing I've noticed with him being away from home. Without him there to do things for me, I don't have that guilty and unworthy feeling that I often get when he does things for me. Anyway, that's just a thing I have.

Meanwhile....

Just this morning I started thinking that maybe I should start recording my food intake again. I know I raved about the Count Eat app, but I gave up on it after a couple of weeks. True, it was much easier to enter in foods than with traditional calorie-counting apps, but I don't have access to my ipod all the time. I don't have the kind of job where I can just whip it out whenever I feel like. Plus I also feel guilty doing stuff like that on work time as well! So I would wait until after work to enter the foods in, and I'd have to think back and try to remember what I ate throughout the day. I was worried that I'd forget something, and it was annoying. I kept forgetting more and more often til I realised I wasn't doing it at all anymore.
It's not the app that's the problem at all. It's a really good app and I'd recommend it. It's just not suitable for my life circumstances. I'm going back to the good old pen and paper! Right after I finish this post, I'm going to have a go at designing a food diary template. Yeah, I'm sure you can get plenty on the internet, but I want one that's perfect for me and the kinds of things I want to record. Plus I enjoy mucking around with Excel spreadsheets. =)