Made a delicious dinner last night, if I do say so myself! Even though I was really tired from visiting Husband in the hospital, I was excited to cook some Japanese. I started out by making a carrot pickle with a new carrot I'd bought at the supermarket, and some gherkins. While this was simmering, I got some greens from the fridge and stir fried them up. I added some leftover beef strips we'd already cooked on the weekend. Also a little finely chopped salami to add interest. For the sauce, I added some soy sauce, dashi, ginger and a dab of honey. At the last minute, I cracked in an egg and stirred it in until cooked. I served it over instant rice (not perfect, but quick!), with the pickled carrot and a sprinkle of furikaki as a garnish. By that stage, I was pretty hungry, so I ate it with a spoon.
Was quite proud of myself! Normally there's something I don't like about meals I cook. Either it doesn't taste quite right, or one component is undercooked or overcooked. But this was just right! If only Husband had been home to taste it. I also wish I'd made enough so I'd have leftovers for tonight. I don't think I have the energy to repeat that performance, sadly. Probably by the end of the week, I'll be eating Maccas! ;)
In Other News
I haven't had the time or energy to exercise for, oh, about a week now. And I'm telling you, it sucks! I actually like exercising, because I like the way I feel generally when I'm exercising regularly. Weekdays are pretty much off the board right now. But I don't want to just give up exercising altogether. I'll be doing a lot of housework on the weekend, but I'm really determined to fit in some body time somewhere! All I want to do lately though, is get on the internet and read blogs and watch youtube videos. Now if only I could exercise while surfing the internet at the same time, that would be heaven. I could get one of those sitting-down type bikes and set up a rig for my laptop.
Heh, I'm just rambling now, so I'll sign off.